Friday, December 3, 2010

A Challenge

I stumbled upon a website, http://www.reverb10.com/ and thought it would be fun to challenge myself to participate in this project every day. They will post a topic or question everyday for the month of December that is meant to summarize the year 2010.

Todays question;

Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). -Ali Edwards


I recently drove from Arizona to Vermont. I didn't go straight there though. I went to San Diego, to Reno, to Salt Lake City, to Denver, up through Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Pennsylvania, New York, and finally Vermont.


Why take the long way you ask? This trip started when I broke up with my boyfriend and I just wanted to go as far away as possible. I had no idea where I was going to end up. I went to San Diego first to visit with my parents. From there I decided to go east. I believe I was in Indiana when I made the decision to end up in Vermont. Driving through New York, my son and I stopped at Niagara Falls. It was standing under the waterfall with my son when I realized how happy I was to be there. I felt so confident about going to Vermont, so free because I made to decision and I was executing it. I felt good for following through and for being completely independent despite my pain and fatigue.


Now, if you knew me you would know already how much I really don't like being cold or wet. I can't stand it. It's so uncomfortable and when I get cold its hard for me to move. That day at Niagara falls I was cold, and wet. Not to mention in a lot of pain from so much driving. I was tired and cranky. My son was tired and cranky. But as soon as he saw the Falls, he was just happy. So happy and free. He was running and screaming with excitement. He could not believe what he was seeing. And like any parent, seeing my son so elated was infectious, which opened me up to really discover all the other wonderful things I was feeling.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I also just started doing the reverb10 as well.

    ReplyDelete