Sunday, December 5, 2010

Reverb10 post

How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year? -Jeffrey Davis


The turmoil that has been my life this past year has taken up a great deal of my energy and has put me in a kind of mental 'time out'. I have spent so much time and emotion and energy dealing with everything that has happened that I really haven't stopped and just done or even felt anything just for myself. I mean, I had a boyfriend that I couldn't stand, a life I couldn't stand because at the time I just couldn't motivate or prepare myself for the changes necessary. Staying there, in that relationship, in that town, was simpler than leaving. Or at least I thought it would be at the time. As it turns out, leaving freed me a little from that depression. Gave me a sense of freedom and reminded me what it felt like to love myself. 



No comments:

Post a Comment